Platform Republicans win the day
The balloting at the Maricopa County Republican Committee’s mandatory meeting Saturday, returned some interesting results.
There were two straightforward questions asked. The assembled precinct committeemen were given an opportunity to vote for their first and second choice for U.S. President — along with the least acceptable for the office.
The same options were given for the U.S. Senate seat, now open through the retirement of Jon Kyl.
Check out these astonishing numbers (click link) in the federal races.
These are the vote totals for the Members-at-Large candidates. Congratulations to all who participated.
1. Bicknell, Elbert (LD 12) 346
2. Carroll, Frank (LD 4) (withdrew) 53
3. Costanzo, Andrew (LD 17) 998 *
4. Duggins, Donna (LD 10) 235
5. Grimm, Daniel (LD 19) 1082 *
6. Harris, Wes (LD 6) 211
7. Hobbs, Joseph (LD 12) 1141 *
8. Johnson, Raymond (LD 9) 310
9. Lyon, John (LD 12) (withdrew) 14
10. Palmer, Nancy (LD 4) 322
11. Paluch, Bernard (LD 4) 159
12. Schultz, Daniel J. (LD 17) 1021 *
13. Sweeney, Ray (LD 11) 1030 *
Additional information here.
Here is Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery administering the oath of office to the newly installed Members-At-Large: Dan Grimm, Joe Hobbs, Daniel Schultz, Andrew Costanzo and Ray Sweeney.