This Resolution was unanimously passed by LD 27 PCs at their July 9 district meeting:
Whereas, Governor Brewer and 15 Republican state legislators formed an alliance with Democratic elected officials for the express purpose of thwarting the will of the Republican majority in the legislature and violating Republican Party principles and the Republican Party Platform, including but not limited to the following:
· They implemented the passage of Medicaid expansion.
· They implemented government healthcare.
· They approved taxpayer funding for abortion and increased funding for abortion services.
· They expanded eligibility for welfare benefits, and invited 300,000+ new people into the welfare system.
· They raised taxes.
· They voted against auditing the hospital bed tax.
· They increased property taxes.
· The only tax relief they offered was for special-interest industries who could afford to hire lobbyists.
· They rejected a balanced budget and voted for one with a structural debt of $400 million.
· They removed government oversight for special interests.
· They voted against verifying citizenship as a requirement for Medicaid benefits.
· They removed funding for English immersion for non-English-speaking students, thus ensuring the continuation of the failed, Democratic-Party-supported, bilingual programs.
· Whereas, they corrupted the legislative process by suspending the rules and depriving the public of the opportunity to scrutinize and comment on the proposed legislation.
· Whereas, they stymied the legislative process, dishonored American legislative traditions, stifled democratic notions of fairness and openness, and violated decorum by refusing to debate.
· Whereas, they violated the wishes of the vast majority of Republican precinct committeemen in the state of Arizona who had overwhelmingly opposed the passage of Medicaid Expansion, making their wishes known in formal resolutions.
· Whereas, they voted in favor of national health care, disregarding the will of the voters of Arizona who in 2010 amended the Arizona Constitution via Proposition 106 to oppose national health care.
· Whereas, they violated the separation of powers defined in the Arizona Constitution by voting for a budget amendment originated by the executive branch of government.
· Whereas, they violated the Arizona Constitution by surrendering the legislators’ authority to tax to an unelected bureaucrat in an Executive branch agency, and made such taxes subject to approval of the federal government.
· Whereas, they forced passage of a tax increase by a mere majority vote instead of the constitutionally required 2/3 vote.
· Be it Resolved, that we, the Honorable Precinct Committeemen of Legislative District 27, do censure Governor Jan Brewer and the following Arizona State legislators:
LD 1 Senator Steve Pierce
LD 16 Senator Rich Crandall
LD 18 Senator John McComish
LD 23 Senator Michele Reagan
LD 25 Senator Robert Worsley
LD 28 Senator Adam Driggs
LD 5 Rep. Doris Goodall
LD 6 Rep. Thomas “T.J.” Shope
LD 8 Rep. Frank Pratt,
LD 9 Rep. Ethan Orr
LD 15 Rep. Heather Carter
LD 16 Rep. Doug Coleman
LD 18 Rep. Jeff Dial
LD 18 Rep. Bob Robson
LD 28 Rep. Kate Brophy McGee