Grassroots Precinct Committeemen will bring an “Anybody BUT Senator John McCain” resolution from the floor on Saturday, Jan 16 at the Maricopa County Republican Committee’s Mandatory meeting. The resolution reads:
We precinct committeemen of the Maricopa County Republican Committee (“MCRC”) fully support our Party, platform, and candidates in the general elections. In the primary elections we each are free to choose which Republican candidates to endorse and support. Since the MCRC members censured Senator John McCain in January 2014, we have hoped Senator McCain would return to our Party’s values. He has not. With sadness and humility we rise and declare our beliefs:
- Whereas, Senator McCain was censured by the Arizona Republican State Committeemen on January 25, 2014; and
- voted for DHS funding that included money for Obama’s illegal amnesty for illegal aliens; and
- as a “Campaign Conservative,” campaigned on securing the border but cosponsored legislation giving “pathway to citizenship” to millions of illegal aliens; and
- actively worked to purge the party of grassroots conservatives using out-of-state funding via the Arizona Grassroots Action PAC; and
- voted to kill an amendment requiring certification that Iran has not directly supported or carried out an act of terrorism against the United States before sanctions can be lifted; and
- demeaned Republicans who stand for the Constitution, calling them “crazies” and “wacko birds”; and
- voted to support funding for the Iran Nuclear Deal, Obamacare, Executive Amnesty and Planned Parenthood’s selling of body parts;
RESOLVED that the Maricopa County Republican Committee precinct committeemen endorse anybody BUT incumbent Senator John McCain in the 2016 Republican primary election for the United States Senate.
More information regarding agenda issues HERE on Republican Briefs.