Dole endorses Jeb! Establishment keeps on truckin’

November 12, 2015

There’s a strong sense of irony as Bob Dole — who lost as the 1996 Republican presidential candidate — now endorses single-digit Jeb Bush, who will not secure the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

Former U.S.Sen. Dole, a severely wounded World War II vet, used Veterans Day to announce he had joined Jeb Bush’s campaign as its National Veterans’ Chairman. Jeb Bush never served in the military. 

“I will do all I can to be helpful to Jeb’s campaign,” Dole, now 93, pledged. His proven leadership skills “will fix the country.”

“I think he’s the most qualified, and we need somebody with experience and there are a lot of good candidates — I like nearly all of them,” Dole said of Jeb Bush and the rest of the field. He then added, “Except Cruz.”

Last year, at the Conservative Political Action Committee conference, Ted Cruz offended Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney, all members of the GOP establishment, when he challenged their moderate political postures that didn’t resonate with conservative voters.

“All of us remember President Dole, and President McCain and President Romney,” Cruz told the CPAC crowd. “Those are good men, they’re all decent men but when you don’t stand and draw a clear distinction, when you don’t stand for principle, Democrats celebrate.”

At the time, Cruz noted the “heroic” military service of Sens. Dole and McCain, which he said he greatly respected, but made clear he would not hesitate to talk about substantive matters of conservative principle that are important to bringing Republicans to victory — even if others may disagree.

That fragrant scent is ripe truth.

2015 Phoenix Veterans Day Parade

November 9, 2015


 Date: Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015

Time: 11:00 a.m.

This year’s theme: “No Longer Forgotten, Remembering Korean War Veterans.”

Presented by Honoring Arizona’s Veterans this family friendly event is an impressive tribute to our true heroes — our Veterans. Included are numerous floats, marching bands, color guards, equestrian units, military flyovers, large helium balloons, Veterans Service Organizations and ROTC entries. A 30×60 foot American flag will be carried along the route.

The Phoenix Veterans Day Parade Committee is an all-volunteer, non-profit group of dedicated Veterans, Military, and community leaders who support the mission to ensure our Veterans are recognized on their special day through this parade. Ongoing since 1997, this parade features 45,000 attendees, 100 parade entries, and seven announcers’ booths along the route for attendees to learn more about our Veterans.

The parade route begins at North Phoenix Baptist Church (5757 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012). Starting on Montebello Ave, it will continue South on Central and turn East onto Camelback Road. The parade then turns South on 7th St. It will conclude at Indian School Rd — a distance of 2.4 miles.

Take time to read the inspiring bios of the 2015 Grand Marshals.

Obama unworthy of being Commander-in-Chief

October 23, 2015

The enemy within enables the enemy without

In an act of unparalleled arrogance while giving the middle finer to America’s military personnel, Barack Obama on Wednesday vetoed the $612 billion defense authorization bill.*

This is the first time in over half a century American citizens and those who serve to protect them have faced such an act of betrayal and have been left so vulnerable in an increasingly dangerous world.

Obama’s overt act of hostility effectively shuts down the U.S. military while Islamic jihadists, Russia and China are in aggressor mode. Among its provisions, the bill boosted military pay and benefits. Obama’s veto comes as retaliation because the proposed budget holds the line on domestic spending.  It also makes it more difficult  for Obama to engage in the risky business of transferring terrorists being detained in Guantanamo Bay to prisons within the United States.

With his defiant veto, Obama reveals himself as a greater threat to our military than any foreign power since none of them have the ability to immobilize defense funding.

Stars and Stripes reports the move throws the Defense Department budget into uncertainty, and Congress will need to find a solution to the impasse by the time a temporary budget expires Dec. 11 or active-duty pay will be frozen and about 350,000 civilian Defense Department workers will face furloughs.

Were that to occur, count on Barack Obama using the standoff to employ one of his notorious executive orders to authorize another flood of unvetted Muslim “refugees,” further degrading security in our homeland.

*H/T Commenter Doc

Adm. Lyons: U.S. transformation in full swing since 2008

August 31, 2015

Muslim Brotherhood has penetrated all U.S. National Security Agencies

In a no-holds-barred speech, retired Four Star Admiral James “Ace” Lyons begins his presentation to the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. earlier this year, by declaring Barack Obama has implemented the unilateral disarmament of our military. He unequivocally states that under Obama’s guidance, all of our national security agencies have been infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Obama is obviously making good on his promise to fundamentally transform the United States of America.  Few of us will forget the words uttered by presidential candidate Barack Obama days preceding the 2008 election. The foolish crowds, taught moral equivalency rather than American exceptionalism, by liberal unionist teachers, cheered as he vowed, “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”

Watch Adm. Lyon’s brief presentation, listen to his warning and forward it to your contacts. Regardless of your stance on the 2016 presidential candidates, this information is something we all can agree is critical for our nation’s survival. It’s imperative we unite behind someone who puts America first.

Emperor Obama’s unilateral gun grab

July 21, 2015

Do you have difficulty balancing a checkbook? Obama wants your guns

In yet another massive intrusion on the rights of American citizens, Barack Obama is intent on unilaterally restricting the Second Amendment freedoms of certain gun owners who claim the Social Security benefits they paid for during their working years.

Currently about 4.2 million adults receiving monthly benefits have “representative payees” handle their banking and bill paying for them. Turning those duties over to a trusted family member or friend should not entail the loss of Constitutional rights.

Not only would this amount to the largest gun grab in American history, but according to this Fox News report, the governmental infringement would take place without any due process protections for recipients, amounting to a nullification of Second Amendment rights for millions of Americans who don’t pose a threat to themselves or anyone else.

The Social Security Administration (SSA), which has never taken part in the background check system, provides advice and a phone number for turning in people who raise “concerns.” The government site even provides a “webinar” to educate “payees who serve multiple beneficiaries.” 

The Veterans Administration has already implemented a similar program to designate veterans as “prohibited persons” when they have a fiduciary assigned to administer their VA benefits. Already, 177,000 vets have been swept into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System  through the overreach of bureaucratic tentacles.

Like the Social Security program, the VA procedures are also devoid of significant due process protections or any requirement that the beneficiary be found a danger to self or others

The National Rifle Association correctly assesses, “The implications of this policy are too far-reaching to fathom at present. Social Security is one of the more prolific and relied upon Federal programs in American history. That Obama’s directive could so easily be implemented within the SSA suggests that bureaucrats could effectively cloak such a program in any agency within the growing leviathan that is the federal government.”

Call your members of congress and demand that Obama’s unprecedented and unilateral attempt to implement the largest gun grab in American history be stopped. 

McCain v. Trump: There’s more to the story

July 20, 2015

Trump has engaged Republicans weary of the establishment control of the GOP

The Washington Post’s Dan Balz is apoplectic in describing what he terms GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump’s “attack” on John McCain in questioning his heroism. In a report on the fray, littered with quotes from unnamed presidential candidates, one used the word “lethal” and another expected “a complete cratering” of Trump’s support. “Still another,” Balz writes, “predicted Trump would become ‘a niche candidate’ and a “sideshow to the main event.”

In fact, just the opposite is true. Recent polling shows outspoken businessman Donald Trump leading the pack with 18%. Recently announced Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker jumped in at 15% and Jeb Bush stands at 14%. None of the other GOP candidates reach double digits.

McCain, it should be remembered, began the slugfest with his comments in reaction to Trump’s Phoenix appearance last week which drew 5,000 attendees. McCain not only denounced Trump as “firing up the crazies,“ he arrogantly gave a back of the hand to the Republicans and registered Independent “crazies” who stood in line in the blazing Phoenix 106° heat for hours to attend the ticket admission event.

The war of words ramped up as Trump retaliated by calling McCain, who graduated at the bottom of his USNA class, a “dummy.”

McCain’s disparaging remark was not solely aimed at Trump. He has long been in a death grip with conservative stalwarts who finally had their fill and censured McCain at the AZ GOP state meeting in 2014. His response was to turn his operatives loose on the elected precinct committeemen, in an attempt to purge the party activists from the Republican ranks. Additionally, he urged the IRS to target conservatives. At the 2015 state meeting, both McCain and Jeff Flake were greeted with boos and turned backs.

Wisely, Gov. Scott Walker has stayed on message, and refused to attack Trump, as did Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. But Marco Rubio, who was integral to McCain’s Gang of Eight amnesty coalition, jumped on the anti-Trump brigade.

John McCain’s hero status can’t be questioned, but these are the facts: On veterans’ issues, John McCain talks out of both sides of his mouth. This list of key votes unequivocally shows McCain has either not voted or often voted in opposition to legislation affecting veterans, troops, reservists and their families. John McCain has done everything in his power to block the release of information on American Vietnam era MIAs as evident in this shocking video by Vietnam Veterans Against McCain. It features veterans, U.S. Congressmen and knowledgeable staff.

This video shows John McCain walking out of a congressional hearing after insulting Delores Alfond, chair of the National Alliance of Families, who spent her life seeking information after her brother was shot down over North Vietnam. McCain intentionally made sure all information was classified and made unavailable.

Lost in the melee is the fact that McCain is also a candidate. Running for a sixth six-year senate term, he will be 80 by Election Day. He was first elected to the U.S. House in 1982 —- long before many voters were born. The intemperate man is clearly past his prime, but is unable to relinquish his lavish D.C. lifestyle.

Fortunately, we have the ability to help him.

Candidate McCain honors POW — 71 years late

July 7, 2015

Second Lieutenant John R. Pedevillano was a 22-year-old U.S. Army Air Corps bombardier who flew six combat missions before being shot down by Nazi fighter pilots behind enemy lines over Germany on April 24, 1944.  He and his crewmates were later held as prisoners in the notorious Nazi prison Stalag Luff 7, where they were eventually liberated by Gen. George Patton’s forces.

The young American bombardier’s recognition has been a long time coming. He‘s now 93.  But John McCain, joined by Gen. Larry Spencer, Vice Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force, is honoring him in a ceremony today —- presenting him with the Presidential Unit Citation with one Oak Leaf Cluster.

As the Arizona senator gears up for his sixth six-year senate reelection campaign, retired Army Air Corps 2nd Lt. Pedevillano provides the opportunity to showcase McCain’s own service and imprisonment during the Vietnam war as the unpopular politician faces 2016 challengers. 

Honoring the valiant wartime missions and ordeals of Lieutenant Pedevillano is laudable. The timing and political aspects are suspect.


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 373 other followers